Repeated error by UC relating to my address.

jayjayB
jayjayB Community member Posts: 3 Listener

Hi all,

In 2021 I moved house and reported the change, showed proof etc and all was fine.

In 2022 I received a phone call from my doctor to say they had had a letter from LWCRA assessment but it was showing the previous address.

I phoned UC and was told they would correct the error as it looked like a mistake on the MSRS system.

6 months later I had a phone call from the local council tax benefit team asking if I was still at my address as UC were reporting a different address.

Again I contacted UC and they said they would fix the issue and it would definitely be resolved.

6 months later same call again from council.

Then a letter to say my council tax claim was closed as I wasn't living within the local authority.

At this point I asked UC to properly resolve the issue which was completely their fault.

All was quiet until a few days ago when I had a message on my journal to say they can't pay my housing costs as my landlord says the address listed isn't one of their properties. UC had given them the previous address!

What can I do? I'm banging my head against a brick wall and it's making my anxiety even worse than normal 😭

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 59,128 Championing

I would put in a complaint and tell them that you’ve reported your new address X amount of times and it still hasn’t been changed. https://england.shelter.org.uk/housing_advice/benefits/how_to_complain_about_universal_credit

I’d also advise you to contact your local MP and tell them exactly what’s happened. They will hopefully contact UC on your behalf and the issue will finally be resolved. https://www.parliament.uk/get-involved/contact-an-mp-or-lord/contact-your-mp/

• Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 3,869 Online Community Coordinator

Hi @jayjayB, welcome to the community 😊

That sounds really frustrating! Poppy is right, it's well worth putting a complaint in and contacting your MP to see if they can offer any help. Hopefully that'll make a difference and you can get it all sorted for good. Fingers crossed it's all solved soon!

• jayjayB

thanks both.

As advised I have raised a complaint with DWP.

Here are some screenshots from my journal on Friday.

• WhatThe
    WhatThe Community member, Scope Member Posts: 1,881 Championing
    edited June 2

🤨 🤔 😫

• Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 3,869 Online Community Coordinator

Hope it gets sorted @jayjayB! I realised after posting that unfortunately MPs aren't able to answer anything at the moment as technically there are no MPs until after the election! But I hope your complaint is taken seriously and they can sort it all out for you.

• jayjayB

It's been sorted for the time being and they released my payment on Friday.

As they've "sorted" it several times over the past few years I don't hold out much hope.

I just keep taking screenshots of my journal as proof of the error in their system 😩