Work capability assessment

Tonilou
Tonilou Community member Posts: 3 Listener

Hi, so yesterday I had my limited capability for work phonecall. We covered my fibromyalgia, chronic pain disorder, vitamin D, and how I live and get by but then she said I have no time to cover you depression and how that affects you daily but I feel this is a major contribution to my illness. We were only on the phone for 15 mins I asked if someone would call me back regarding my mental health and she said no thats all she needed for now. Any ideas what this could mean as this is the second time I gave had to apply after them not getting it correct last time.

Comments

• Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 3,684 Online Community Coordinator

Hi @Tonilou, welcome to the community. It's really difficult to know what it might mean, but it may not necessarily be bad news if they felt your conditions were enough to make a decision. Unfortunately it might just be a case of waiting to see what the decision is and going from there. I know that's not an easy wait!

Fingers crossed it's a positive result for you.

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 59,054 Championing

It’s perfectly normal for them not to cover all conditions. They will focus on the conditions they think are relevant to the descriptors. Also if they have enough of information for your mental health condition there will have been no questions to ask.