Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

PIP Tribunal

Options
salty1212334
salty1212334 Community member Posts: 155 Courageous

I have my pip tribunal in 2 days it goes back 20 months will I get back pay if I get it; I've been diagnosed with pulmonary emphysema, knee osteoarthritis, heel bursitis, mixed personality disorder bpd/aspd, and I am on bail for ABH. and I have been vomiting blood I have to have a camera down my throat they suspect gastric ulcers. I have had arguments with doctor receptionist and pharmacist at the hospital I also have severe vitamin D deficiency my doctor told me to go out but I just get in arguments so I stay in. Will I be classed as a substantial risk I got LCWRA they think I have schizophrenia for some reason I sent that letter over to pip. I need a carer to get to my appointments and keep me calm do I need PIP to have someone who can help. I have no support whatsoever the nurses told me to contact mental health again but I don't want to. I am 33 and wright off I go purple if I stand to long the desk sargent at the police station couldn't believe all my problems at the age I am. I am slightly overweight I am 15st I put 4 stone on in about 3 months because of my medication I no it don't go off diagnosis but these are causing me alot of problems

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,386 Scope online community team
    Options

Hi @salty1212334, I appreciate not wanting to go down that route again, but it does sound like you could do with some support. Can I ask why you don't want to?

You can read more on our information pages about how you'd go about having a personal assistant (PA) and paying for one through direct payments. If that's something you'd like to explore, requesting a needs assessment through your local authority is a good place to start.

Community Manager
    Scope
  • salty1212334
    Options

I had a bad experience with psychiatrist he made me go to a mental health clinic the receptionist looked at me gone out she said they wasn't having appointments because of covid. I had 15 minutes on the phone because he made me go there. I got mad and he threatened to put the phone down if I didn't calm down perhaps they should do there job properly

I will take a look at the information you gave about carer thank you

• salty1212334
    Options

I have also had a message from tribunal how do I do this do I reply to the email

Please confirm receipt of this email and provide the names of who will be taking part/ observing the hearing.

• Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 3,193 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Hello @salty1212334, it sounds like you can just email them back to say you have received their email and include who will be with you for your hearing 😊

Rosie (she/her)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.