UC Review

NeilB
NeilB Community member Posts: 34 Contributor

Good morning,

On Monday 03/06/2024 I happen to open my Journal as I was considering making a complaint to UC regarding another silly overpayment that they had made to me.

This time asking for the money back before they had placed it in my bank account, which caused me a massive amount of distress as I couldn't trace this money there was a 3 day difference.

I only claim UC for assistance towards my rent which amounts to well under half.

I noticed a message from the 30th May 2024 saying that they were due to ring me on 04/06/2024 around 12.45 - 13.00 which they did to discuss this UC credit review, which stated its to make sure your getting the correct amount of UC ?.

I had a doctors app at 10.30am on the day, I have prostate cancer and had to have some bloods taken.

Im also disabled and have other Issues, anxiety, stress, cognitive problems and chronic cluster headaches.

Like lots of other unfortunate people Ive had numerous problems with DWP, especially very poor assessments so any contact causes and makes me extremely anxious.

Ive been asked to provide 4 months bank statements and two photos of myself holding ID,

I sent these over pretty much immediately when on the journal I read, failure to comply within the time frame will result in your benefits being stopped ( or similar )

Ive had a response today, thanking me for the requested information, now I presume its just a case of waiting hoping that they haven't made any more mistakes or overpayments that they aren't aware of until now.

Regards.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 59,128 Championing

They are reviewing thousands of people at random to make sure their claim is correct. Now you just need to wait.

• Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 3,869 Online Community Coordinator

Hi @NeilB, as Poppy says, there are lots of these happening at the moment. It's totally understandable that these things cause you stress and anxiety, it's not easy to deal with sometimes when you've got so much else going on. It sounds like you've done all they've asked for, so fingers crossed it all goes okay and that you're not waiting too long to hear back. Hope you're doing as well as possible in the circumstances 😊

• NeilB

Hello,

Yes I understand, thanks for your reply’s,

Neil.

• NeilB

Good morning,

Just thought I would update you regarding the UC review.

Received a notification yesterday after waiting over two weeks, it basically said a telephone appointment has been made for weds 3rd July @ 12.20 which is over another two weeks.

This appointment is to review your Universal Credit claim, discuss the information you have already provided and for you to provide further evidence.

Make sure you have access to any documents you have already provided during the interview. This will help us to make sure you're getting the right payment.

Warning

If you cannot attend this appointment, use your journal to tell us as soon as possible.

Surely if they have the documents / bank statements they can already make a judgement if I'm being paid the correct amount of UC ?

I have chronic cluster headaches, so cannot guarantee that I will be available at the time they request,

Best Wishes,

Neil.

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 7,069 Online Community Coordinator

Hi @NeilB thanks for the update! They often want to talk to you about the bank statements, it's just in case there are any queries more than anything. Hopefully you'll be able to make the appointment. Best of luck! 😊

• NeilB

Hi Albus,

Thanks for your message, have just left a message on my journal trying to explain the situation about cluster headaches and if I’m having an attack at the appointment time won’t be able to respond to the call, if not will be okay.

Got a response from the UC interviewer asking if can I call them and let the know on the day, my mind boggles.

• Albus_Scope

I guess that's a step in the right direction at least @NeilB ?They usually allow one cancellation, so you should be alright on the night. 😊

• NeilB

Thanks Albus, let’s hope I’ll well enough when they ring to take the call.

• Albus_Scope

We'll all be keeping all our appendages crossed for you @NeilB will you let us know how you get on please?

• NeilB

certainly will - thanks for your support,

Best Wishes

Neil.

• Kimmy87
    Kimmy87 Community member Posts: 548 Empowering

They will ask some scripted questions to see if you have any undeclared sources of money, then ask any questions they have about your banking transactions. Mine were quite random!

• NeilB

Hi Kimmy87,

Thanks for the reply, that’s reassuring,

Regards

Neil.

• bobby123
    bobby123 Community member Posts: 257 Empowering

They will ask if you have any premium bonds, shares, other savings accounts not sent, PayPal and things like this

• NeilB

Hi bobby123,

Thanks for the additional information, only another 2 weeks to wait.

Best Wishes

Neil.