Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Hi, newbie in town!

Options
VisiblyInvisible
VisiblyInvisible Community member Posts: 8 Connected

Hi everyone, I'm VisiblyInvisible - A name I'm sure many of you can relate to. It reflects my experiences of being just about visible enough to be certain I'm a real 3 dimensional person, but with the majority of my lived experiences being 'invisible' or non/unapparent to others in such a way they are consistently invalidated and require seemingly endless justification, evidencing and explanation!

Really happy to be here with you all and looking forward to chatting 🖤

Comments

• Beaver79
    Beaver79 Community member Posts: 23,442 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Hi @VisiblyInvisible Love your user name. Welcome to the Community. Have a look around and join in when you are ready. If you have any questions please ask. Take care.

• VisiblyInvisible
    Options

Thanks for the friendly welcome @Beaver79 :) I'm going to have a little nosey around and see whats what over the week. There's some great stuff here I'm looking forward to dipping into.

• AndyGT
    AndyGT Community member Posts: 782 Pioneering
    Options

Hello VisiblyInvisible and welcome to the family. It is a place where you can call in whenever you want and if you have a question there is likely to be someone around who can help. They are plenty of conversations for you to have a look at and participate if you want to. If you want to start your own thread then please do. Take care and see you around.....

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 5,149 Scope online community team
    Options

Heya @VisiblyInvisible (loving the beans) and it's a warm welcome from me too. 😁

Thanks for sharing a bit about yourself, it's always great to get to know the community a bit better. If you need support with anything, please ask away and we'll all do our best to help.

Or if you just fancied a chat, make some new friends, or maybe play some easy and fun games, I recommend checking our or Coffee Lounge and Games Lounge. Hopefully see you around soon. 😊

Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • VisiblyInvisible
    Options

Thanks so much everyone! Really appreciate the kind welcome!

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.