Employee representation in appeal hearings?

Lottie79
Lottie79 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited August 21 in Work

Hello everyone, I wonder if anyone can provide me with any organisation/charity in the Guildford that provide free employees representation in appeal hearings. TIA.

Comments

• Bydand
    Bydand Community member Posts: 173 Empowering

Hi Lottie79

It might be helpful in giving us a few details about what type of hearing it is in order for us to better advise

You don’t need to go into great detail if you don’t want to but a little info would be helpful.

S

• Lottie79
    Lottie79 Community member Posts: 2 Listener

I started employment on the 16th April, on the 23rd May I had a probationary review meeting and my employment was terminated. Leading up to this meeting I was made to feel that I would be OK, as they were booking me on future training courses. I appealed about the decision and have my meeting next Wednesday. I fully except that I made some admin errors, but my training was all over the place, some errors did occur as I was working from 2 monitors and I had issues with my eyesight. Details that were added to spreadsheets that I used to complete work was wrong or completely missing. So I had to ask for a lot of details which delayed me completely work. The team as a whole got feedback and my supervisor aimed it straight at me. I wasn't introduced to all the team members or the wide team I was supporting.

• MW123
    MW123 Scope Member Posts: 750 Championing
    edited June 16

@Lottie79 Firstly welcome to Scope.

I'm sorry to hear about your recent employment experience. It sounds like you were put in a difficult position with inadequate training and support, and it's understandable that these challenges impacted your performance. You may want to contact Acas, a national organisation offering free and impartial advice on employment rights.

Although your short tenure might limit legal protections, it's important to explore all available options. Prepare yourself by documenting all incidents where you felt inadequately trained or supported, including any communications about future training and how these factors impacted your performance.

I wish you all the best for your meeting and hope everything turns out well for you. Please update us on the outcome, as it could be valuable for other members who find themselves in similar situations.