Hi, my name is jric64! Will applying for PIP affect my Universal Credit LCWRA payment?

jric64
jric64 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited June 24 in PIP, DLA, and AA

I recieve u/credit and this is topped up with the limited work capability payment -

If I decide to put in a claim for PiP. will this limited work capability payment be affected or stopped? I don't want to find myself in the position where I'm actually worse off financially as it's enough of a struggle making ends meet already.

Comments

• Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 3,684 Online Community Coordinator

Hi @jric64, your Universal Credit payments won't be stopped if you apply for PIP. They're different benefits and you can have both at the same time, they don't affect each other at all 😊

Welcome to the community by the way, I hope you'll find it useful! I'll pop your post over to our PIP boards in case you have any other questions about it. Our members are very knowledgeable and friendly, so there's lots of support available if you need it!

• jric64
    jric64 Community member Posts: 2 Listener

Thanks Rosie, hopefully I'll be able to find it - I'm a tech idiot and can barely find my way around my own phone, but reassuring to hear that the benefits are independent of one another...

• Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 3,684 Online Community Coordinator

No problem @jric64, if you ever need any help using the community just let us know. We're all friendly, I promise 😁

If you ever can't find your own posts, they will show up on your profile. You can get to your profile by clicking your picture in the top right of your screen, then clicking the picture again on the menu that pops up.

On Mobile or Tablet your posts will be there if you scroll towards the bottom and click on My Discussions or My Comments. On PC or Laptop the first steps are the same to get to your profile, but the options to view your discussions and comments are usually on the right hand side. Hope that's helpful!