Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

I am losing my mind.

Options
AlarmedOne21
AlarmedOne21 Community member Posts: 3 Listener

Hi everyone,

I posted a while ago about this situation but I have still not got any closer to any answers. I first applied for PIP (first time claiming) back at the start of September 2023, I had a telephone assessment in November 2023, and then a letter saying they haven't yet made a decision in January 2024. I requested my telephone assessment forms and received them fairly quickly. I am not happy with them at all and they do not accurately represent the assessment nor my struggles but that's another story. But since then, absolute radio silence. Despite me calling around 5/6 times between then and now. My most recent call was 4th June and he said to call back if I haven't heard anything by the end of this month. Well this is exactly what they have said to me every time I have called previously and I feel like I am being fobbed off. It is now the end of the month and I still have heard nothing. I don't want to waste my time calling back again because I know they'll just say exactly the same thing as before. I even sent a written complaint to their address about 2 months ago now and the man I last spoke to on the phone said that it had been logged as "supporting evidence" on my file to which I said it is not!!! I am at my wits end and feel like I could cry I am so frustrated. Is there an independent ombudsman or some other organisation that I could approach who can help me in this situation? It is getting beyond a joke. I've had friends and family who have had their initial decision, MR, and tribunal in the time that it has taken me to even get an initial decision. I just don't understand!

Hope someone can offer some advice,

Thanks, Lucas.

Tagged:

Comments

• TheManFromLondon
    TheManFromLondon Community member Posts: 277 Pioneering
    Options

Most stories of people in your situation I have read, reached out to their local MP and things moved really fast for them. Having said that, the current climate of the upcoming elections, will mess things up. Still, this is your best option now. MPs front desks have some kind of direct access to DWP and their complaints departments and move things fast. I suggest you do that.

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 56,582 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

I would normally suggest contacting them but you maybe waiting a little longer than usual for a response. The General Election is just one week from now so hopefully you won't be waiting too long for a reply. Or you could wait until after that time and then contact whoever is elected in your area.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.