Do you still get hb with UC

rita444 Community member Posts: 31 Contributor

Hello there again ,my daughter will soon be migrating from ESA support group. ,hb to UC .

She gets pip for living and mobility.

She as a 2 bed flat and I also live with her . Because she gets pip and I'm classed as a non dependent she still gets full HB for her rent . So she dosnt have to pay any rent .I also work part-time .

Will this still apply with UC ,will she still get a full rent paid . Thanks


  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,806 Championing

    Housing benefit was previously done through the local authority (council) and stops with the UC migration.

    When she moves to UC, she will get the Housing Element added as part of UC instead. The local housing allowance rates are the same for both, so she should get the same amounts.

  • rita444
    rita444 Community member Posts: 31 Contributor

    Thankyou for the info