Welcome to our new look online community!

Comments

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 56,817 Championing

for me tagging not working sometimes words are missing after posting, so editing to get them on. Also after I post a blank box covers the whole page and I have to scroll in to get it to normal size again. Words double up too, I had hoped all these would of been fixed with the new lay out etc. Also we need dark mode back.

• Amaya_Ringo
    Amaya_Ringo Community member Posts: 90 Empowering

I've had two instances so far where it took two attempts to make a post actually post. I also think the reactions are too small, but these are minor things overall for me personally.

The bigger issue for me is that the navigational aspect of the site hasn't really improved. I have issues with navigating just in general and on websites, if things are not laid out in a very clear way it can be hard for me to find what I am looking for. I never managed to find large swathes of the forum on the old system, I can't say that has improved now :/ Just it's a bit harder to read the most recent post list.

Also the issue of the site saving drafts without my telling it to save drafts is still a thing. I have currently 19 saved drafts despite not asking it to save even one. I know it is auto-saving, but I edit and rewrite a lot before I decide whether it's on topic to post. I'd rather it didn't autosave these.

Edit, make that three times, I just tried to post this and nothing happened the first time.

• WhatThe
    WhatThe Community member, Scope Member Posts: 1,896 Championing

Scope, I wonder how many of us mentioned visual impairment during your research/interviews or were asked about it.. Perhaps not enough?

This seems to be the main complaint about changes to the layout. I don't think text size is the problem but spacing, empty space and dead space. Almost half the Home page is taken up with Quick Links for example, for no good reason.

I don't remember the old one already so will you please spell out for us exactly what improvements you have made to the site.

Thank you.

• honeyhoney
    honeyhoney Community member Posts: 110 Contributor

An unread post could be highlighted and black, as before, now it is difficult to distinguish which one has been read and which one has not.

And the size of the reed in the post leaves a lot to be desired, especially for people who have vision problems.

• WhatThe

wish the 'preview' button was back!

chiarieds, I raised this point during my interview for the research/test but again, I presume no other or not enough testers noticed or objected.

• WhatThe
    edited July 25

Community_Scope,

What exactly do you mean by a "more sustainable" design for the online community?

Also, are these changes permanent or can you still tweak this new design?

The dark purple bar at the top still stops between the bell and envelope icon on my screen and my user profile still doesn't fit my screen either. Maybe I was not clear about any of this but I did try to be.

Thank you

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,374 Championing

Hi @WhatThe - I certainly did ask if we were going to get the preview button back during the testing for this platform (& mentioned those with a visual impairment might have difficulty with the font size) !!!

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 7,069 Online Community Coordinator

Hey folks, thanks for all the feedback, we'll be passing it all on, so please don't think no one is noticing. As soon as we have an update, I'll make sure the info is passed onto you all.

But I can answer @WhatThe about sustainability. The old code was added onto so much, it was starting to become quite unstable, so a clean slate was needed. But now it's in place, it'll be lots easier to add to in the future and things will be able to be done a lot quicker.

• Meg24
    Meg24 Community member Posts: 295 Pioneering

Yesterday I couldn't get on the site, kept getting error messages saying that if it continued I was to contact you to say I could not access the site. I use Samsung Internet if that helps.

• egister
    egister Posts: 281 Empowering

The forum interface has not improved. A customizable interface is required.

CommentModel::getDiscussionThreadOffset(): Argument #1 ($commentRowOrCommentID) must be of type object|array|int, string given, called in /applications/vanilla/controllers/class.postcontroller.php on line 952

• Wibbles
    Wibbles Community member Posts: 2,012 Trailblazing

The full sized screen does not fit an Android Tablet screen - it overflows on the right hand side !

• WhatThe

Thank you Wibbles for explaining what I couldn't!

(The dark purple bar at the top still stops between the bell and envelope icon on my screen and my user profile still doesn't fit my screen either)

• michael57
    michael57 Community member Posts: 487 Pioneering

i am partially sighted and it has taken me 2 days to manage to get back on this page to see the comments and having short term memory problems as well i have forgot how i did it your as bad as my dawnie she puts my cup in the same place where i know how to find it but now and again she puts it where i cant i have to say i am finding it very hard to get on with the new layout

• wandering_chris
    wandering_chris Community member, Scope Member Posts: 95 Empowering

Honest opinion? It looks a bit cold, who took away the warm purple and yellow an made it this purplish/white, grey? Disabled folks are sick of seeing over sterlie white overly clean cut environments, we see enough of 'em in our lifetime! So please, give us back our purple. Or, maybe even a switch back to old lay out button for us who like it.

• Albus_Scope

Hey all, thanks so much for all the feedback, it'll really help.
    If you're experiencing specific issues, could you please try and post screenshots too? These would be a huge help in replicating the issues so we can work on fixes.

We're also aware of some issues, like the title bar, but these are issues with our host platform, so these will take longer to sort as we're relaying information to other people for them to then fix.

• vikingqueen
    vikingqueen Scope Member Posts: 1,582 Championing
    edited July 26

Deleted, just worked out the answer to my question 🙄

• Albus_Scope

Yes unfortunately there was an outage with our provider, which was just a case of very bad luck and bad timing. Sorry that it stopped you getting on the community @WebWaves

• Ray212
    Ray212 Community member Posts: 469 Empowering

Report function doesn't seem to work. Just get a blank page

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,374 Championing

What device are you using @Ray212 ? - I just got the same when I tried on a desktop computer 😒

• WhatThe
    edited July 26

Little people with a thumbs up is cute 👍️