Number account

Agulu
Agulu Community member Posts: 142 Empowering

Hello everyone,

I am changing the Bank, I know must to change the UC and PIP but l don't know how, I don't know who else I have to inform and 🤔 please help

Tagged:

Comments

• Agulu

Please can someone for help me, I really don't know how to do it

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 59,087 Championing

Is this a completely different bank and a new account number? Or the same bank just a different account? If it's a completely different bank do they offer the current account switching service? For this you don't have to do anything because the bank will do that for you.

https://www.currentaccountswitch.co.uk

Otherwise, for UC if you have access to a journal then log into that and click "report a change" then click bank account and report the change through there. You will likely be asked to take proof of your bank details to your local Job centre.

For PIP then you will need to ring them to tell them the new bank account details.

Telephone: 0800 121 4433 Textphone: 0800 121 4493

Relay UK (if you cannot hear or speak on the phone): 18001 then 0800 121 4433 

British Sign Language (BSL) video relay service if you’re on a computer - find out how to use the service on mobile or tablet

Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm

If you have any direct debits then you will also need to contact the company you that you pay the DD to, such as internet, phone, energy, TV license, water, etc etc.

• Agulu

no, this is a new account and I have given up on this switching service, that's why I have to do myself, I already have uc, only pip no dwp left l I'm trying to find it on Google but I can't find anything

• poppy123456

You will need to tell UC about your new bank account otherwise you won't receive your money. Please report the changes by logging into your journal. For PIP you will need to ring them and the number is 0800 121 4433. They will open on Monday at 9am.

• Agulu

What with DWP?

• poppy123456

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean? UC and PIP are both part of DWP. For your Universal Credit do you have access to a journal?

• Agulu

I have it, but don't I need to notify DWP separately?

• poppy123456

You are misunderstanding the advice I'm giving. UC and PIP are both part of DWP and it's those departments you need to notify.

• Agulu

OK,now is clear

Thanks for your help

• poppy123456

You're welcome.