Spinal ablation facet joints, has this happened to anyone else?

pimpr
pimpr Community member Posts: 2 Listener

spinal ablation facet joints bilateral l1-5 had this procedure done 2 weeks ago and my pain is 100% worse and I have constant back spasms and have 50% less movement numbness in one leg and pain in the other had a nerve block 2 years ago and was pain free for 9 months so wish I’d never had this done has this happened to anyone else ?

Comments

• Marydoll5
    Marydoll5 Community member Posts: 552 Championing

I had a right nerve cut from facet joints to spine , not sure if it's the same thing you mentioned but idea was to stop pain receptors sending messages to brain registering pain. Nerves take 2 years to grow back so in theory you should have that time with reduced or no pain.

I was beyond excited to get the surgery as injections and nerve blocks haddend work but no…no improvement whatsoever. I was crushed.

I was supposed to get left side done next but covid hit and I am still waiting. I am relying on morphine pain patches and other pain meds that only take the edge off the pain.

I've now pushed myself to move more no matter how sore and increase my step count every day. Now I'm in the 400s which for me is fantastic. I don't look at 10000 steps norm as that is unattainable.. I set realistic goals and try to build core strength. I also joined slimming world to drop weight and I'm starting to feel improvement in my pain levels.

Hope this helps 😊

• pimpr
    pimpr Community member Posts: 2 Listener

Thank you so much I had both sides done and the pain was so bad I was hospitalized am now on 80 mg of Morphine Sulfate a day plus dihydrocidiene Baclofen diazepam and paracetamol I swim and do hydro but I too am so disappointed I have been lucky enough to get a phone call in two weeks with the consultant as the pain has caused me to black out I had no idea this procedure was that dodgy and would not have had it if I was aware it could go wrong it’s good to know I’m not alone Thank you