Court of Protection: Property and Affairs - Deputyship Application

Daniel_Johnson
Daniel_Johnson Community member Posts: 1 Listener

Hello,

My name is Daniel, in July 2023 my brother Sam (37 years old) was the victim of assault, resulting in a severe brain injury.

We (myself, our mum, and Sam’s fiancée) are applying for a deputyship / to be deputies for Sam’s property and affairs.

Sam doesn’t have much in terms of finances or assets, however, we are in the process of applying for CICA compensation. A lawyer is handling the CICA application on a no-win-no-fee basis, however, the Court of Protection (CoP) deputyship application is not covered within the agreement.

We are able to modify the agreement to include guidance on the deputyship application process as well, however, this will ultimately reduce Sam’s final award by £3,000.

Given that the award will need to support Sam financially for the rest of his life, we are trying to do whatever we can, ourselves. There are many different CoP forms that make up the deputyship application for Sam’s circumstances, roughly speaking, 10 different COP forms, totaling around 100 pages.

I have lots of experience in administration. After reviewing the forms, I am confident that I can do it myself and save Sam £3,000, but only if I can get a few questions answers here and there.

Does anyone know of a place I can asked those questions?

Best wishes and thank you,

Daniel.

Tagged:

Comments