Medical file incorrect notes

ITSALLLIES
ITSALLLIES Community member Posts: 42 Connected
edited August 22 in Everyday life

I've recently complained about medical notes being incorrect.

The letter I sent has been noted and are looking to add an addendum to my medical notes to include the multiple injuries I sustained. I'm not sure what to else to do other than the next step to take to ombudsman.

My compensation claim and industrial injuries disablement benefit claim, should these be informed as 3rd party that has requested this information previously being incorrect?

Comments

• Rachel_Scope
    Rachel_Scope Posts: 1,059 Online Community Coordinator

Hi @ITSALLLIES. This isn't something I'm familiar with. Who was the complaint made to regarding your medical notes? What stage is your complaint at?

• MW123
    MW123 Scope Member Posts: 707 Championing

If your IIDB claim is affected by inaccurate medical notes, it could mean delays or a reduced benefit amount. To ensure accurate assessment of your compensation and IIDB claims, inform both your representative and the IIDB directly about the incorrect medical notes and their upcoming correction. Provide them with a copy of the letter confirming the addendum for transparency and to avoid potential delays. Allow the surgery time to rectify the issue before contacting the Ombudsman if the matter is not resolved to your satisfaction.

• ITSALLLIES

Hey thanks for that, where do I get a representative from been trying to get solicitors to help but no avail, citizens advice doesn't help with iidb neither at a bit of a loss with everything

• MW123
    MW123 Scope Member Posts: 707 Championing

If you are a union member, you might be eligible for free legal advice and representation, which can be helpful for navigating IIDB claims. The DWP IIDB centre can also provide guidance on the claims process. Although they do not act as legal representatives, their support can be valuable. You can contact them at 0800 121 8379 for assistance and information on how to proceed with your claim.

• Wibbles
    Wibbles Community member Posts: 1,994 Trailblazing

Or your home insurance may cover you for personal claims - mine does - worth loking at !

• ITSALLLIES

When you become disabled due to an injury at work, and don't get the medical care you need, then further down the line find out errors have cost you dearly in many areas of daily life, then put all my current complaint as "ah you already had this problem" it's incredibly distressing, I could have been back at work now but instead I got 14k pounds for my trouble and 8 years of lost earnings upto now, already on the breadline I feel justice is well deserved now, yet I'm still in two minds as to taking a case against the NHS, yet they will all band together vrs me daunting had enough stress.

and to add to that the only help you can get really is discussing on an online forum,

I know I'm owed 10s of thousands of pounds up to now for un compensated injuries alongside undercompesated due to the failings of the NHS.

Rant over think I'm too late to sue them now anyhow.