Using NHS app

apples
apples Community member Posts: 336 Empowering
edited August 27 in Autism and neurodiversity

hi all

I was going to lodge a complaint as my gp refused to refer me for an adhd assessment however, the referral was done today

I’ve received an email confirming and it says you can view this referral on the nhs app I’ve been on the app for about 20 minutes and can’t find any links on there about referrals

Can someone help me find it please

Edit seemed to have found it although my asd referral is not showing only todays referral

Comments

• Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 3,782 Online Community Coordinator
    edited August 27

Hi @apples. I use an android so this might be slightly different if you use another device, but for me there's a blue menu at the bottom of the screen with four options: "Home, Services, Your Health, Messages".

If I click "Your health" on that menu, then from the list "Upcoming and past appointments", it gives me some options for referrals. For me there's two, "Hospital appointments" or "GP surgery appointments" and a section inside the hospital one for waiting lists. But if it's not in there I'm not too sure I'm afraid!

I have found the NHS app a bit unfriendly to use sometimes, and it doesn't always show me the information I want. My GP surgery has it's own app and I found the notes for my referral were on there after a while, maybe yours has a similar set up?

Quick edit: Just wanted to add that my referral wasn't for ADHD assessment, so it might be a slightly different process, but I hope you find it somewhere!

• apples

hi @Rosie_Scope

Yes mine was in the same place on ios thanks, my upcoming gp appt is there as well as my adhd referral, but my asd referral is not there, I hope I’m still on the list for the assessment

• Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 3,782 Online Community Coordinator

Oh that's good @apples, glad it was in there. Did they put through your ASD assessment at the same time as your ADHD one? Hopefully it will show up in time, but if it doesn't it might be worth contacting your GP surgery again to see if it's all going through okay.

Hope it all gets sorted soon

• apples
    edited August 27

Hi,

The asd was done by my psychologist June last year, the gp today said I have to have blood tests and ecg for my adhd referral, is this normal

• apples

hi,

I could see my adhd referral on the nhs app, it has now disappeared is this normal? I don’t even know details where I was referred so don’t know who to contact apart from my gp

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 6,910 Online Community Coordinator

Asking for a blood test and ECG is definitely not a normal thing to do if you're looking for an ADHD referral. As an ECG is for the heart. I'm unsure why your GP would ask for that.

I'd contact your GP and ask for contact details for whoever they've referred you to. Though the waits can be very long currently. Best of luck!

• apples

Thanks @albus_scope I did wonder why she wanted an ecg and blood tests, I have an appt for the ecg next week but not heard about the blood tests yet, I was told a 3 year wait