Which famous person have you come across?

Tony60
Tony60 Community member Posts: 30 Connected

I was at a service station café around 1979 and couldn't believe when Marvin Gaye walked in with all his entourage sat down and obviously had food and drinks. A few people went up to him and asked for autographs, one asked for a autograph on a pound note as we had back then. I was amazed to see someone that famous where you never expected them to be.

Comments

• Laura321
    Laura321 Community member Posts: 8 Listener

I met Daniel Beddingfield. Years ago. I got my picture taken with him and he said I smelt lovely. He loved my perfume.

• vikki66
    vikki66 Posts: 288 Connected

@Tony60

Love that little story, thanks for sharing. One of my favourite music videos is the rehearsal where Marvin is lying on the couch, wearing the green t shirt and sweats, singing “I want you.”

Just put on “Got to Give It Up” - one of my top tracks.

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 7,182 Online Community Coordinator

I have far too many silly tales, but I think my favorite is having most of Oasis turn up after a gig to a friends birthday party back when I was a youngster. They even spoke about it in the NME (they weren't very polite about it) and it was recently on the BBC website. 😆

• Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 3,916 Online Community Coordinator

I dropped a tray of champagne in front of Prince (now King) Charles. I worked as an events waitress for a while when I was younger and was absolutely terrible at it. I accidentally walked into his handshake line at an event, tried to make a speedy exit when I realised where I was, then watched in horror as each and every glass toppled over and the whole room just stared at me 😎

I also met Prince Andrew while working a similar event. He was pretty rude to me, to be honest! I wasn't a fan!

• Strawberry1
    Strawberry1 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 4,463 Championing

Sounds onimous but I once saw a reporter for Calender news once and I saw a lady who was in Coronation street who was a friend in the soap of Jack Duckworth in a Morrisons once lol 😆

• Strawberry1
    Strawberry1 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 4,463 Championing

Many many many moons ago when I was in my teens we went somewhere and Brian Clough was there not sure if it was a Bonfire night thing . I can remember him talking on the microphone to the crowd lol 😆.

• Steve_in_The_City
    Steve_in_The_City Scope Member Posts: 674 Pioneering

When I was 16 I had a very badly paid but semi-enjoyable job as an external consular messenger. I had my own office on the top floor of a building on Cockspur Street directly overlooking Trafalgar Square. The mornings were great but in the afternoon I would be bored silly. The solicitors I worked for dealt with celebs, obtaining work permits for them etc. Occasionally the celebs would truck-up at the office. They would be ushered into my office and I would have to keep them amused. This didn't often happen, and I was never told who was going to be plonked in my office but it was various high profile people. To offset the afternoon boredom I would go into the typist pool and grab a ream of paper. Back in my own office I would make a pile of paper aeroplanes and shoot them out of the window along Haymarket. This caused me untold merriment as I was almost invariably a little bit stoned. One day I had made a pile of paper aeroplanes and was busy chucking them out of the window when in walked a very famous pop group. I am not going to say who they are because they are still around and still very famous and I wouldn't want to embarrass them! Anyway, they found bunging paper aeroplanes out of the office window just as much fun as I did! I couldn't keep up with demand. The more I made the more they threw. Eventually one of them sat down with me to help me make them. We all ended-up in hysterics of laughter. The big boss walked in. He was the miserable type. He looked at me, frowned, shook his head disapprovingly and walked out again. I didn't get the sack but left not long afterwards. When I see the band on the tv I wonder if they can remember the crazy afternoon they spent flying aeroplanes along Haymarket!

• Emma81
    Emma81 Community member Posts: 2 Listener

HI all,

I've seen Boyzone in concert and I got to meet them all backstage. I also gotthere autographs and had photos taken with them.