Housing Element/Benefit

Shellyj13
Shellyj13 Community member Posts: 102 Contributor

Is the housing element paid separately or does that figure appear in the overall sum of U.C?.

Comments

• Kimmy87
    Kimmy87 Community member Posts: 525 Empowering
    edited September 11

Each month you get a statement from UC for your next payment.

Each element with amounts will be listed separately, but payment will be one lump sum.

As I advised before you can ask for the Housing Element to be paid directly to your landlord.

• Shellyj13

This is what I thought.So based on what citizens advice have worked out I'm going to be £900 worse off and unable to pay my rent

• Kimmy87
    Kimmy87 Community member Posts: 525 Empowering
    edited September 11

How are you & Citizens Advice arriving at that figure of £900 worse off?

Is it due to the delay in Housing Element being paid?

You could try an online benefit calculator:

https://www.gov.uk/benefits-calculators

• Rachel_Scope
    Rachel_Scope Posts: 1,059 Online Community Coordinator

Hi @Shellyj13. That figure doesn't sound right. There shouldn't be a large discrepancy like that when changing to UC. You might be eligible for transitional protection if you've been asked to move to UC from a legacy benefit.

As @kimmy87 has suggested, you could try the benefits calculator. Make sure you input everything so you get the correct result. Let us know how you get on.

• Shellyj13

The benefits calculator like turn 2 us doesn't work for my individual circumstances so I firstly asked citizens advice who tried to work it out.I then contacted an independent company who are connected to my energy supplier EDF.They advised I should get T.p. especially as I transferred over from I.B in the early 2000s late 1990s

• Rachel_Scope
    Rachel_Scope Posts: 1,059 Online Community Coordinator

You could try our Helpline and they can go through the figures with you. Call 0808 800 3333 and they'll hopefully be able to get to the bottom of it 😊

• Shellyj13

Thank you x