LCWRA and FIT NOTES

JaneBellz
JaneBellz Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited September 13 in Universal Credit (UC)

Hello everyone

I had a telephone assessment yesterday. And now waiting for a decision. Very anxious and my anxiety is terrible right now. The assessor was very understanding, for some reason she only asked questions about my mental health even though I have serious mobility issues. She said she had enough information after asking me about my mental health.

While I'm waiting, I've started reading up on what happens if I don't get LCWRA or if I do. I just want to be prepared for any outcome.

And I have a question about fit notes. I know that there should be no gaps between fit notes. And I have that from 30 October 2023 to the end of September 2024. However, when I checked my journual, I noticed that my fit notes were often uploaded to the system after a reminder in the journal. The one I'm most concerned about is my most recent fit note. I received a final reminder that my fit note has expired on 30th of June and that I needed to upload a new one before the deadline of 21 July. I uploaded it on 20 July (the dates on the new fit note are from 30 June to 29 September) and the admin approved it in the system on 22 July.

Now I am worried whether this will be considered as a gap in fit notes? I can't find any information on this anywhere.
Any help would be appreciated!

Comments

• Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 5,330 Championing

It shouldn't be a gap because you uploaded it in time, it was them that verified late so even if they say it's a gap that is easy to challenge @JaneBellz ❤️

If you're not found to have lcwra, there are two other options. One is that you're found fit for work, they will quite quickly start asking you to work search and update your commitments if they decide you're fit for work. If you disagree, you can ask for a mandatory reconsideration on the decision.

The other is that they find you to have lcw nor lcwra. There is no extra money for lcw but they won't ask you to look for work. But they can ask you to do work activity, like attend courses and write CVs and think about future work. Again if you disagree, you can ask for a mandatory reconsideration on the decision.

I hope you hear soon ❤️❤️❤️

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 7,000 Online Community Coordinator

Hey there @JaneBellz and a belated welcome to the community. 😊

I can see Biblioklept has already swept in to help you here, but I just wanted to pop in and say a quick hi. There shouldn't be issues with your fit note, as the date lined up correctly and was handed in on time, so please try not to worry there. 😁

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,365 Championing

Hi @JaneBellz - & welcome to the community from me also. There's no problem with your fit notes & no gaps as you uploaded them in time, as Biblioklept said. I just wanted to mention that you should keep supplying fit notes until you get a decision on your Work Capability Assessment.

Kindly let us all know how you get on.

• JaneBellz
    JaneBellz Community member Posts: 2 Listener

Hi @chiarieds @Albus_Scope @Biblioklept and thank you!!!!
    Yesterday I received a response and was awarded the LCWRA. I can't believe how quick it was. 4 working days☺️
    I'm very worried about the backpayment since I've been fighting for it for so long. But thanks for your comments. It makes sense for me now. I guess I'm just winding myself up, as I've read a lot of stories about where people aren't getting the money they deserve… Thanks again! Now the only thing left to do is wait for a letter from them. I understand they will write in a week at the earliest?

• Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 5,330 Championing

oooooh Yey!! 🎉
    for me it took about 3 weeks to get a letter about backdating but just depends how busy they are @JaneBellz!
    don’t forget they make mistakes on the backdating sometimes so if you don’t get what you’re expect double check it!!! x

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,365 Championing
    edited September 18

That's great news @JaneBellz - & congratulations are in order 😊Thank you for letting us know! Oh, & I agree with Biblioklept - they are somewhat notorious for not always working your back pay out correctly, so again I hope you keep in touch with us all.