Paying off budgeting advance loan early.

Loz89
Loz89 Community member Posts: 1 Listener

Hi all

I have already got a budgeting advance on my universal credit, I've £202 left to pay off it then its finished, I'm wanting to pay this off early as I'm wanting another one petty much straight after, just wondering if anyone has done this before and got one. My circumstances haven't changed since I got the last one.

Comments

• Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 3,818 Online Community Coordinator

Hi @Loz89, I'm afraid I haven't done this myself but I just wanted to pop in to say hello and welcome you to the community. Hope you'll enjoy your time here!

From doing a bit of research it seems that if you meet the criteria for getting the loan again, you should be able to claim for another providing the other one has been paid off completely and is on the system as being paid off. I can't say for certain as I haven't been through it personally, but that's my understanding. If you have a work coach, it might be worth speaking to them to see if they can clarify whether you can do this.

And hopefully another of our members will have been through a similar situation and can let you know how they got on 😊 Fingers crossed you can get it sorted with no problems.