🙄

Tagged:

Comments

• Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 5,330 Championing

Wassup @WhatThe? You don't seem to happy today! ❤️

• WhatThe
    WhatThe Community member, Scope Member Posts: 1,878 Championing

😑 just frustrated that we don't seem able to keep a discussion going without someone being offended about nothing at all.

We can't discuss domestic politics without a mention of immigrants and foreign aid which have nothing to do with state benefits or disability. We seem to be tolerating casual racism and I don't like it. This isn't something we should become accustomed to or desensitised to on this forum. Thanks for the love! We can never have too much love 💜

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 7,000 Online Community Coordinator

I do miss the days when things could just be discussed and sometimes if we were really lucky, minds could be changed for the better. Things are awfully shouty these days.

• WhatThe
    edited September 14

Yes 😑

Nobody asks why anybody would want to stab 11 little girls and what this means for women.

I'm tired of reading the hatred expressed in some of these posts. Day. In. And. Day. Out.

Smile and the whole world smiles with you. Signing off now.

• WhatThe
    edited September 14

There are enough tabloid forums around to not need to bring toxic discourse onto the Scope forum.

Scope should be a safe space for all members and new readers who may even be children. Learning a bit of restraint and learning to listen is a life lesson we can all practice. Learning to source information is another. We have a world wide library at our fingertips!

• Albus_Scope

Unfortunately many unsavory characters have realised that shock value gets them clicks, which makes them money. With some social media apparently amplifying those sites.

I agree this community should be a safe space and the team always do our very best to make sure it stays safe.

• WhatThe
    edited September 14

It shouldn't become the norm just because it's expressed elsewhere, some of it AI generated!

Thanks for sparking up the games and bringing life and colour back to Saturday 💜

• Albus_Scope

Oh I totally agree, if I read something online, I tend to check it on several other sites first before I even think about believing it.

And you're most welcome. if you have any more fun ideas for games or discussions, just go for it! 😊

• WhatThe

🙄

• Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 5,330 Championing

I keep reminding myself we all have different sensitivities but it is hard, this is the most supportive forum I've ever been on and people still find fault with everything and get offended very easily 😕

How are you @WhatThe? I'm always here if you want to share ❤️❤️❤️

• WhatThe

Aw, I always want to share but I've learned to bite my tongue much of the time. I love this forum too and have learned so much!

I'm sad to see vikki so upset because she's incredibly well-informed and explains perfectly what she knows. I regret not saying so to our new member. I don't want her to leave.