Hi, my name is UCLAWUNTOTHEMSELF! SDP and EDP Premiums issues

UCLAWUNTOTHEMSELF
UCLAWUNTOTHEMSELF Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited September 26 in Universal Credit (UC)

hi all,

My story, I was forced from ESA onto UC with a promise I would not be any worse off if anything I may be a few pound better off. I was told.

From day 1 it’s been a night mare and hundreds of pounds worse off, losing my SDP&EDP, plus however much rent increased each year, that was also deducted so each April I have been getting less money than in march. Explain more later. I fought and fought sending more and more info to tribunal everytime I saw a high court ruling.

In Feb I saw that UC had started including SDP &EDP PREMIUMS, and I felt so relieved finally I would not have to choose between putting heating on or buying shopping. I contacted UC and sent them a copy of these payments from their own website and articles saying it is now available to new and exsisting claimants. Just to get told still would not pay it to me because I had a pending tribunal. I contacted tribunal and asked begged them to mark my case as urgent and fair play they did they got it in front of judge and I had hearing in May,

I did not have to argue my case when I got to tribunal, 1 because of all the info I had sent previously, and secondly the DWP OFFICER at the court agreed that DWP had acted unlawfully and it was wrong that I had been struggling so much for past 18 months.

Because of my medical conditions, the judge said she wanted to keep my case open, so she could keep an eye on DWP and make sure they done what they said they would do, and that was to get this sorted and make sure I get paid,

The judge has held directions hearings at least once a month since and each time I get a letter saying that there has been no progress on getting me payments, and from the wording of each letter the judge has shown a lot of sympathy for me, and often comments saying how I and so many others are still anxiously awaiting payment.

UC keep saying they won’t pay because they have not had a final verdict from court, and when I ask outright that if they get final verdict in my favour will they pay, and all I get is an answer saying ‘well we cannot tell you that’ the judge has said if she closes case, and I didn’t get paid i would have to start all over again,

I made formal complaint and they have now said that SDP & EDP WILL BE DEALT WITH SEPARATELY this is 5 months after hearing, they are now saying that a decision on EDP will be made later, and if I dont accept decision I would have to go to tribunal again. Also still refusing to pay SDP.

Surely UC can not be allowed to separate the premiums months after my court case, as far as the Judge and DWP Officer at court, knew I was there to fight for both premiums.

It has never been disputed that I am entitled to them, it was just because UC would not recognise them until Feb this year. I have even said if they sart paying now, that would make so much difference to me,

The judge has said she could write the verdict and close case, but that would not help me at all and make things harder and take longer if I end up having to restart a tribunal case. but UC are now saying they are waiting for a changed in a law before they will pay me anything.

Thanks for listening

Comments

• Rachel_Scope
    Rachel_Scope Posts: 1,122 Online Community Coordinator

Hi @UCLAWUNTOTHEMSELF and welcome to the community.

You've clearly been through a lot! I can't believe how you've been treated. I'm glad you've fought your corner through it all. I'm not sure I can offer any advice here as it's so complex, I just hope that it is sorted soon. I'm glad the judge is understanding and has explained their reasoning for keeping the case open.

I wonder if getting legal advice would help? Or making a complaint to the ombudsman?

• Catherine21
    Catherine21 Community member Posts: 1,128 Pioneering

Omg that's awful how much have you lost if I'm not being rude how are you dealing with the stress of all that so sorry for you