Motorbility

orangeapple57
orangeapple57 Scope Member Posts: 33 Connected

I had a horrible accident on the first of the month where the road was slippery and my car spun out on the roundabout making me realise my Insurance and breakdown wasn't worth the paper it was written on. After a terrible ordeal where I was kidnapped by the rescue truck to his garage I was just glad to be home after 30 hours away. Without provisions.

To worsen my ordeal I thought to throw in the towel and admit I've lost trust in my car to keep us safe as the main subframe is rotten. I went to motorbility. Filled out the online information then went the next day to the car show rooms.

We went to Ford first as on the phone they were the most keen to see us at 10am. I was asked to take a seat where the light was flickering and heating fan on my face after 15 minutes I was fed up and walked out as I saw the person who went needed to see mucking around not seemingly busy.

Went to VW over the road. Was assured they'd do right by me and only showed me one vehicle. The guy was confident and I was vulnerable. Despite my voicing issues with not being able to get in or out of that car independently he pushed the same through.

Monday I get a call from adaptations stating there isn't enough height on the boot for a hoist. I then had to cancel the order with the dealership. I called twice and emailed but got no response. I spoke with grants team thinking delayed away I'll do it the right way. They said cannot proceed with application because the order hasn't been cancelled. Offered Motorbility Operations number to resolve. They had to call the dealership to cancel the order.

I have no email confirmation, the deposit is still with them, no one bothered to call me so clearly don't want to offer apologies or an alternative vehicle, so I feel really angry now.

The adaptation outreach person is coming out tomorrow which is amazing considering I had no contract with them they've just apologised for VW and how I was treated by their sales team. She said you've been sold a vehicle that they wanted to get rid of, they saw that you were vulnerable and desperate and too advantage.

With the cancellation my motorbility details were all deleted so I've had to re-enter it all in preparation for the next vehicle. I'm now a week extra delayed and panicking because my mot is booked for Thursday when my car will likely fail and I will be cut off from civilization. I'm in a village with no friends, family, bus, taxi service or trains. I have a home educated 13 year old who needs mum taxi and my powered wheelchair has just failed to go a mile at his session today.

I gave up on a grant as it would facilitate me getting the perfect wav, BUT they'll only do electric she said. So I'm praying there's a way to find a vehicle out there that will not require the 7.5-20k deposit. Tbh it's so discriminating because I have to do a deposit and pay for adaptations. I already bought my hoist in 2021 but can't have it transferred for less than new. It's stacked against me and I'm fed up. The GP and the SS are palming me off on a referral for a replacement chair because I bought this one myself I've been neglected by the system.

Tagged: