LWCRA
Comments
-
Thank you for the advise still can't get my head round this UC and LWCRA and yes I get carers element too
Thx
0 -
It's really complicated, I agree. I'll try to explain in simple terms for you. At the moment your UC includes carers element (£198.31/month) and Transitional Protection, lets say this is £600.
Once the LCWRA element is included (£416.19/month) the carers element will be removed and your Transitional Protection will reduce down to £180.84/month. Therefore you'll be worse off by £198.31/month because of the removal of the carers element.
Carers allowance will continue to be deducted in full from your UC.
0 -
Thank you for your advice
0 -
You're welcome. I wish it was better news for you but unfortunately it isn't. I totally disagree with these rules and in my opinion the TP should reduce by the difference between carers element and LCWRA element but sadly that's not how it woks. I really do hope that the Upper Tribunal rule in our favour with this!
There's many people that have been caught out by this rule. 😑
0
Categories
- All Categories
- 16.4K Start here and say hello!
- 7.7K Coffee lounge
- 122 Games den
- 1.8K People power
- 190 Announcements and information
- 25.8K Talk about life
- 6.2K Everyday life
- 434 Current affairs
- 2.5K Families and carers
- 885 Education and skills
- 2K Work
- 630 Money and bills
- 3.8K Housing and independent living
- 1.2K Transport and travel
- 678 Relationships
- 1.6K Mental health and wellbeing
- 2.6K Talk about your impairment
- 885 Rare, invisible, & undiagnosed conditions
- 947 Neurological impairments and pain
- 2.3K Cerebral Palsy Network
- 1.3K Autism and neurodiversity
- 41.7K Talk about your benefits
- 6.2K Employment & Support Allowance (ESA)
- 20.6K PIP, DLA, ADP & AA
- 9.5K Universal Credit (UC)
- 5.4K Benefits and income
