Student with CP — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Student with CP

Han Member Posts: 16 Courageous
Evening All,

I am a 19 year old student studying film at the university of Gloucestershire. I also have mild CP! I am now home for the summer and looking for a job. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions of job search sites for disabled people or agencies which were especially good with disabled clients.

Cheers, Hannah


  • Amber
    Amber Member Posts: 6
    Hi Hannah
    Maybe if you go to your local job centre to see what is around or have a chat with someone there so they can put you on the right line. Ive never spoken to them myself but Ive heard they are very good at trying to help disabled people trying to find suitable work whether it be part time or full time.

    Good luck
  • mpmurray
    mpmurray Member Posts: 4
    Hiya Han. If your still not having much luck i would suggest "making your own job" by starting your own small time business i.e selling things on ebay or web based business. thats what i do and i love it. It all depends on what you want to gain from employment experience, money or to keep your self busy. hope this helps
  • DeanC88
    DeanC88 Member Posts: 4
    Go and see your disability jobs adviser hopfully yours is better than mine!
  • ac310
    ac310 Member Posts: 4
    Try working with children, play schemes are great, its what I have done last few summers. They are normally very inclusive, participially the work I work for Bath Area Play Project.

    As the play schemes are actively inclusive towards young people, they are normally very good at be actively inclusive towards disabled employees,


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.