Student with CP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Student with CP

Options
Han
Han Community member Posts: 16 Courageous
Evening All,

I am a 19 year old student studying film at the university of Gloucestershire. I also have mild CP! I am now home for the summer and looking for a job. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions of job search sites for disabled people or agencies which were especially good with disabled clients.

Cheers, Hannah

Comments

• Amber
    Amber Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Options
    Hi Hannah
    Maybe if you go to your local job centre to see what is around or have a chat with someone there so they can put you on the right line. Ive never spoken to them myself but Ive heard they are very good at trying to help disabled people trying to find suitable work whether it be part time or full time.

Good luck
    Amber
  • mpmurray
    mpmurray Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    Hiya Han. If your still not having much luck i would suggest "making your own job" by starting your own small time business i.e selling things on ebay or web based business. thats what i do and i love it. It all depends on what you want to gain from employment experience, money or to keep your self busy. hope this helps
  • DeanC88
    DeanC88 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    Go and see your disability jobs adviser hopfully yours is better than mine!
  • ac310
    ac310 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    Try working with children, play schemes are great, its what I have done last few summers. They are normally very inclusive, participially the work I work for Bath Area Play Project.

As the play schemes are actively inclusive towards young people, they are normally very good at be actively inclusive towards disabled employees,

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.