Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
I am hard of hearing and have cerebral palsy. I need bags to store hearing aids
Hiya, I'm hard of hearing and have cerebral palsy, best described as a wobbly jellyfish! I have lost my hearing aids countless times due to placing them in my pockets or my bag and then they fall out. It doesn't help that I have big hands and my fine motor control, i.e. picking up small objects with my fingers, isn't brilliant. I often have to take a hearing aid out to answer my mobile, and whilst I have tried hearing neck loops in the past, the more I have to wear, the more I am likely to get in a tangle with wires etc! My next thought is to find a bumbag or similar which I can wear around my waist...I have done a little research yet all the bags seem to have tiny, fiddly zips, which is not at all practical for my wobbly hands! I would greatly appreciate it if there is anyone out there who can share their wisdom...
- 53K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 757 Work and employment
- 577 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 675 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.