I am hard of hearing and have cerebral palsy. I need bags to store hearing aids — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I am hard of hearing and have cerebral palsy. I need bags to store hearing aids

concorde8
concorde8 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hiya, I'm hard of hearing and have cerebral palsy, best described as a wobbly jellyfish! I have lost my hearing aids countless times due to placing them in my pockets or my bag and then they fall out. It doesn't help that I have big hands and my fine motor control, i.e. picking up small objects with my fingers, isn't brilliant. I often have to take a hearing aid out to answer my mobile, and whilst I have tried hearing neck loops in the past, the more I have to wear, the more I am likely to get in a tangle with wires etc! My next thought is to find a bumbag or similar which I can wear around my waist...I have done a little research yet all the bags seem to have tiny, fiddly zips, which is not at all practical for my wobbly hands! I would greatly appreciate it if there is anyone out there who can share their wisdom...

Comments

• Alex
    Alex Posts: 1,305 Pioneering
    Hi David, I asked your question on twitter today. One person suggested bumbags which I see you've tried. Another person suggested this little duffel bag on this page: http://www.justears.org/accessories.asp I've also asked RNID if they have any suggestions, and will let you know if they get back to me. Alex
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 1,305 Pioneering
    Hi David,

A couple more replies. The RNID said "We've got small capsules that are specially treated to dehumidify hearing aids, but not bags http://bit.ly/bZ0XJF" and TwinkleWizz said "Try Kipling bags. They're very lightweight, in all colours inc black and have strong chunky zip tags. Ideal for fine motor problems.".

Hope that's useful, Alex
  • concorde8
    concorde8 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    dear alex,

many thanks for your proactive help! i'm sorry i haven't got back sooner, i only received the email alert today! your help really is appreciated and i look forward to trying out the bags (and posting my feedback!).

best wishes,
    david

Brightness