Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
There is an issue with the quality of the inks used on blue badges and indeed they are causing some concern. If you do not check the colour of your badge in case of severe fading you could be booked for something you are not guilty of. In some cases the discolouration is so bad that the colour is only a fraction of the colour it should be within the year. People should take them back to the issuing office as soon as they notice it although this is very disruptive as the turn around of re-issuing the badge is sometimes slow. If you use them knowingly the authorities can book you. Howecver if you have not noticed you may get the fine re-embursed. Baring in mind this can sometimes leave you with a criminal record. The problem here is that the rules all the time and you need to keep on top of the rules for your area.
- 48.4K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.9K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 620 Work and employment
- 517 Education
- 939 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 906 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 237 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.1K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 1.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 575 Chronic pain and pain management
- 636 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 689 Autism and neurodiversity
- 821 Mental health and wellbeing
- 283 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.