simple answer to problems with leg gaiters!!!!!!!!!!! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

simple answer to problems with leg gaiters!!!!!!!!!!!

Options
niceboots
niceboots Scope Member Posts: 198 Pioneering
I wear a leg gaiter on my left leg over night to stretch my hamstrings, I have been doing this for since around age 5 (if not younger) - I'm now 24.
I have always had problems wearing them for more than a few hours, as the padded ones make me too hot and uncomfortable, and the standard ones create pressure points where the metal rods and straps dig in.
-HOWEVER - I have now after trying many different designs - found a very simple solution!!!!! SMARTKNIT KAFO SOCKS!!!!!!
I googled afo socks as I'm due to go into afo's again soon, and found that they did a kafo length one, so I ordered one of them just to see whether it would make a difference..... and what a difference it has!!!! It is the most comfortable I have ever been in gaiters.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.