Local help for 4-year-old with cerebral palsy — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Local help for 4-year-old with cerebral palsy

Options
tasha30
tasha30 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited September 2014 in Cerebral palsy
Hi all any help would be great i Have a little girl of 4 1/2 with cerabel palsy that affects her riight hand side she has to wear Day splints on both legs & one on her right hand & then a night one for bedtime but want i am trying to find out is what sort of help is there i can get for her as we have just moved here from Belgium & the doctors here dont seem in a hurry to get her much needed phsycio that she needs to stop her seizing up at best of times she doesnt use her right hand to her it doesnt seem to exsist at times so if anyone could help point me in the right direction would b a great help Thanks all

Tasha & My angel Helen-Mary xxx

P.s sos about spelling :-)

Comments

• aimeylady
    aimeylady Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    Options
    Hi there,

After a very rough start to her life we are now researching and hoping to get support from Bobath centre, there are a lot of techniques around and the advice I've been given is to pick one and stick to it for a few years, if u feel it either doesnt suit your child's needs or you feel she begins to need more or less then speak up, ask around and try something new. Your local physio is supposed to visit fortnightly but with the government making cuts and more and more children with additional needs the pressure is on! The only way to get things is to harass and demand and explain politely but with certainty that you know what you want!! If this is just not cutting it, find a local centre that can recommend an excellent physio, unless u shout u will not get heard I'm afraid, you have to be your child's warrior in this country! So go start your battle but choose them wisely and fight with intelligence and diplomacy! It's the only way forward xxxxx much love aimey and Evie (read about her at enablingevie) she has her own web site xxx

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.