Epilepsy and cp — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Epilepsy and cp

Options
Nuala Watt
Nuala Watt Community member Posts: 30 Listener
edited May 2014 in Cerebral palsy
Hi guys

I'm 28 and have spastic diplegia, as well as being partially sighted. On the 22nd of December I had a seizure, and was taken to hospital. I'm seeing the neurologist on Wednesday. I think I had a seizure once before, when I was 3, but as far as I know I haven't had any others. However I have had the nausea that comes before a seizure periodically - every month or so - all my life. The first time I remember it happening I was four, so it probably happened before then. I have waves of nausea for about thirty seconds, which recur perhaps four times over a couple of days, then they go away again until the next time. I didn't know this nausea was related to epilepsy - I thought it was just a quirk. Does anyone know anything about epilepsy and cp? I'm not especially keen on acquiring another medical label - I've already got a few. I've known people with epilepsy and I've always felt I was better off than them, because although cp looks dramatic it doesn't spring surprises on you. It's really quite boring, thankfully. I'm hoping I might only have the one fit and no more. Does anybody know anything? Thanks. Best wishes Nuala

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.