ABR — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ABR

sarahlou5678
sarahlou5678 Community member Posts: 13 Listener
edited May 2014 in Cerebral palsy
Hello!!
I was just wondering if anybody elsa has come across ABR, its some sort of physio for kids that have cerebral palsy!! my son who is 16 months has quad cp and i keep seeing this advert for it!! i think its only avalibal in Scotland but was not sure if anyone Elsa had used it?/

Comments

• imogen37
    imogen37 Community member Posts: 61 Listener
    Hi

We use ABR with our son, he has severe spastic quadruplegic CP. We were the first family in UK to use it, we started when he was 13 months old, still on home oxygen, had severe reflux, not able to control his head never mind anything else, had loads of muscle spasms and involuntary movements and badly deformed sceleton. he is now2 1/2 years.

ABR uses series of slow gentle compressions to reverse sceletal deformation so that motor function can develop. He came off oxygen 5 weeks into the treatment, stopped muscle spasms a nd involuntary movements around 3 months into it and reflux after 4 months. his sceleton is slowly returning to normal and as a result he is slowly developing functions. If you look into www.abrscotland.com, you see a progress report for a boy called Marten - he's my son.

There are now another 10 families in British Isles using ABR, all of them already reporting improvements, and another 6 starting in a few weeks. yes, the therapy is only available in Scotland at the moment, but there are families who come from London and Ireland .

Will be happy to answer to any questions you may have after looking at the website.

x

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.