Walking Post Pregnancy with mild CP — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Walking Post Pregnancy with mild CP

Options
SianFry
SianFry Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi,

I have mild spastic cerebral palsy that effects my left hand side. I gave birth a year ago but have realised recently how effected my walking has become post-partum.

I had to use crutches during most of the pregnancy due to bad pelvic girdle pain but assumed that my walking had mostly returned to how it was.

I saw a video of myself the other day and realised that assumption was wrong indeed! My gait has deteriorated and I am really unsure as to where and how I can get back to how it once was. Or at least make at start. I am really keen to get back to fit (ish ;)).

Is there anybody here that has had similar experience on how to recover walking style since having a baby? Anything would be useful as with having only mild cerebral palsy I receive limited/no support from NHS which I have to really fight for.

Thanks!

Si

Comments

• TANYAFIELDING
    TANYAFIELDING Community member Posts: 18 Listener
    Options
    I had similar pain during second pregnancy. Is your deteriorating gait not due to fatigue and age. I also gained a bit of weight after each pregnancy! I didn't realise my gait would deteriorate after age.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.