Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Getting LEA to fund an Independent School
Hi. I've found myself in the throws of trying to find a new placement for my son quite urgently. The State Special Needs Schools aren't coping and I have found an independent school that I believe would be the most appropriate. Now I've been told by all professionals to get prepared for a fight for funding. Are there any parents out there who have been through the process and can give me any tips to have ready for my appeals? I've started a diary and listed 8 pages of reasons why his current school is not appropriate and his consultant is writing what she feels he requires.....1-2-1 and a specialised unit. Anyone been there? Done that? Got the placement?
- 52.8K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 574 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 275 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.1K Talk about money
- 2K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 673 Chronic pain and pain management
- 697 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 748 Autism and neurodiversity
- 923 Mental health and wellbeing
- 297 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.