attachment for swifty pushchair — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

attachment for swifty pushchair

Options
kez17
kez17 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
hi all, i hope someone can help! ive got a 3 and a half yr old boy who is unable to walk and weve jst bought a swifty pushchair which is fantastic. i also have a 15month old. i bought the 'buggypod' which attaches onto the side of the pushchair, i felt that it wasnt very stable and felt quite nervous when i road tested it up and down my road. it also made the whole pushchair too wide to fit thro the door. i was wondering if anyonehas found a soloution or a 'buggypod' that fits onto the back of pushchair? any help would be appreciated as im feeling stuck in the house when noone else is about!! thankyou!

Comments

• toast
    toast Community member Posts: 46 Listener
    Options
    my friend used the buggypod on the side of a wheelchair. If on correctly it was stable - but yes it did make the chair wide.

Only other cheap options I could suggest is wearing a hip baby carrier - possibly with a hippychick support and/or using a buggyboard fitted at the back which yr 15mo would stand on. Use reins with it. 15 months is rather young for this tho - if you could do that in combination with hip carrier it could work

Other than that you could try and get funding for SN tandem buggy - the Tom Cross Tandem looks good

I managed with the Phil n Teds when in your position. My SN older child was v small tho. I think as standard they do up to 4 yrs. You could prob pick one up cheaply second hand on ebay
  • kez17
    kez17 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Options
    me and my husband are both tall. my sn son is in 4-5 clothes,(we tried him in a phil n teds but hes too tall for it) my 15month old is in 2-3 clothes.(and quite heavy lol) she is also a bottom shuffler and has only jst started cruising. the buggy board would be ideal in a few months. thankyou for your help thou

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.