Holiday Insurance — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Holiday Insurance

Reiver Member Posts: 2
Hi. I am hoping to get some advice on this. Myself and another carer will be supporting a young man on his first holiday abroad and giving mum and dad some respite. I am just wondering if we need to get specialist insurance? We work for a small specialist charity and have never done this before so any tips and expert advice would be fantastic. Many thanks.


  • Heather
    Heather Member Posts: 168 Connected
    Hi. Alot depends on the disability as well. If you are carrying specialist drugs, needles etc you might need a doctor to give you a letter permitting you to carry these items. We were surprised insurers even wanted us to disclose asthma, where as we were only focused on blood clotting disorder, anaphylaxis and epilepsy etc. So have a chat and make sure you are covered, as we have been grateful for good insurance cover abroad twice, well worth it.
  • Reiver
    Reiver Member Posts: 2
    Thanks Kathy and Heather... much appreciated. Fingers crossed it all goes well and we won't need it!
  • Natasha Brown
    Natasha Brown Member Posts: 108 Courageous
    insureandgo were fine with my son's issues and daughters medical needs (coeliac)


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.