Parents, carers and disabled parents
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.

Holiday Insurance

ReiverReiver Member Posts: 2
Hi. I am hoping to get some advice on this. Myself and another carer will be supporting a young man on his first holiday abroad and giving mum and dad some respite. I am just wondering if we need to get specialist insurance? We work for a small specialist charity and have never done this before so any tips and expert advice would be fantastic. Many thanks.


  • HeatherHeather Member Posts: 171 Listener
    Hi. Alot depends on the disability as well. If you are carrying specialist drugs, needles etc you might need a doctor to give you a letter permitting you to carry these items. We were surprised insurers even wanted us to disclose asthma, where as we were only focused on blood clotting disorder, anaphylaxis and epilepsy etc. So have a chat and make sure you are covered, as we have been grateful for good insurance cover abroad twice, well worth it.
  • ReiverReiver Member Posts: 2
    Thanks Kathy and Heather... much appreciated. Fingers crossed it all goes well and we won't need it!
  • Natasha BrownNatasha Brown Member Posts: 112 Courageous
    insureandgo were fine with my son's issues and daughters medical needs (coeliac)
Sign in or join us to comment.