Reinforced furniture — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Reinforced furniture

Options
JimJams
JimJams Community member Posts: 174 Connected
My son with autism has gone through several beds and he is only 7 years old, he broke one recently which was only purchased 8 weeks previously, rather than waste any more time on cheaper beds, I have invested in a reinforced bed which has a five year guarantee for use with people with autism, I will keep you posted on the outcome, wish us luck.

Comments

• Alistair
    Alistair Community member Posts: 102 Listener
    Options
    Good Luck, indeed, Marie. My daughter (ASD) is not too bad with beds.. sheets, duvet covers and pillow cases do suffer a bit! Other furniture, however, better watch out! When her 'Hulk' comes out she has super human strength. She has flipped over and broken the legs off two round dining tables.
    I decided just to get a cheap second hand one but the surface of that has been severely gouged. Curtains are another fav. target. I only put the ones back that are needed for privacy. Hey, and what you doing in Dad's Talk?!
  • JimJams
    JimJams Community member Posts: 174 Connected
    edited June 2014
    Options
    We have gone through chests of drawers , a sofa and about 3 or 4 beds , I have lost count, I was curious about dads talk, I am soooo nosey. But was great to see dads talking about how they feel, usually just women who open up.
  • Alistair
    Alistair Community member Posts: 102 Listener
    Options
    My daughter still has a go at furniture but her 'Hulk' moments are changing. Do you know about the 'arousal curve'? Anyway on Friday she came home from school and just went crazy. Over the course of about 2 hours she wrecked the house, smashed a glass, a bottle of olive oil and a bottle of Soy sauce. Punched me on the ear so hard that it drew blood (I blame myself for that one because I tried to take a multi pack of Twix form her. I thought it best she didn't eat them before tea!).
    Only joking about dads talk, I like to see what everybody is talking about on this site as well.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.