Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
I have screwed white boards on to the walls of my house in several areas, with pecs symbols etc and whiteboard pens to help my son to communicate and understand language better, his school are saying he is still struggling very much with understanding what is being said to him and communicating his own feeling, has anyone tried using visual timetables all day everyday for tasks, will this help his understanding of the world and help him to retain information, the school are also saying he is not retaining information.
- 50.4K All Categories
- 10K Start here and say hello!
- 4.3K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 137 Community updates
- 11.6K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 685 Work and employment
- 540 Education
- 1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 957 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 256 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 252 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.9K Talk about money
- 1.9K Benefits and financial support
- 4.3K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.7K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.1K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.8K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 615 Chronic pain and pain management
- 669 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 726 Autism and neurodiversity
- 874 Mental health and wellbeing
- 291 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.