Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Employment and still discrimination in the work places and can i join any forums or committes
Why is there still so much discrimination again since the austerity program of this government has come into place,As companies are using HR and Occupational Health to have you removed from your place of work. They are always looking at disabled people as a liability rather than an asset or are reluctant to take you on as they think its going to cost them time and money to there department so are reluctant to take you on if you say that you have a disability. This applies to both private and big public organisations like the NHS were in my area of staffordshire they have over the last five years being slowly getting rid of people with disabilities, As the trust treated you like a third or fourth class citizen, they would deny you the same qualifications or promotional opportunities as others because you might need some support to complete the course. They would use any excuse to make sure that you were not given the same opportunities as others and this was very common that is why the Stafford hospital is in the situation that it finds itself in.I worked there for over eight years but got sacked due to having a bout of depression with the same qualifications that I went with and that was none. This surprises me that they hold the positive about disabled people they had so many changes in management that we became very much gagged into the negativity and discrimination that ran through the whole hospital management system. I would like to make so many changes to these areas to still overcome these issues that is why I want to join committees or forums to teach the organisations about disability awareness and good employment opportunities for the future.
- 53K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 757 Work and employment
- 577 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 675 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.