Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
if you don't laugh you cry
What a day, and they say it can only get better. First of all I crashed into a wall at highish speed in my manual chair when we where running for the bus and my partner thought I was steering and I assumed she had the push handles,ouch. Then after a day's shopping in Middlesbrough with my partner and 2 teenage girls....Where no one had the trousers I wanted in my size , we got to the bus station and waited on the exit ramp for half an hour for the bus only for it to be an ancient double decker with no wheelchair access. To make it worse we couldn't turn round til all the other passengers behind us squeezed past with all their shopper trollies and a fair few complaints that we were blocking the way! Nice to know sympathy is alive and well in the UK lol. Ah well, enough fun for one day, wonder what tomorrow holds?
- 53K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 757 Work and employment
- 577 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 675 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.