Primary school — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Primary school

Yaj
Yaj Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited October 2014 in Education
My son has been under peds since he started school. He is now in yr 5 cams have stated he is on the asd spectrum, also ADHD and disbraxia however his paediatrician keeps saying a diagnosis is for life and I'll see you in six months. He has struggled at school from day one both academically and socially myself I am either meeting with the senco,teacher,ped or cam rep. His teacher told me on Friday the school is doing everything they can for him but that he needs more than they can do for him I am at a loss as to what to do any help/advice would be very much appreciated

Comments

• TaniaSNJ
    TaniaSNJ Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Hi Yaj. A diagnosis may be for life but if it is appropriate, it is needed, unfortunately, as a gateway for services. Ask your SENCo if they will support an application for a new Education, Health and Care Plan. If you're not sure what this is you can visit my site, www.specialneedsjungle.com and also www.ipsea.org.uk who have comprehensive information about the new SEN system that came online last month. Your local IASS (formerly Parent Partnership) should be able to support you too and your SENCo should have the information about how you get in touch with them. You may also want to visit www.autism.org.uk which is the site for the National Autistic Society. They also have local branches around the country who can offer you peer support from other parents. Hope that helps - let us know how you get on. Tania

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.