Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Hi my daughter is currently receiving Jsa and gets some payment of pip. As the pip is awarded on a points scoring. She currently makes regular visits to a work programme which job centre sent her to. But as she finds travelling to new places very traumatic I am her travelling companion. But as I work I can't always make it. I feel as though I'm hitting my head against a brick wall wen every time they send her on courses I ask for assistance in travel n get frowned upon. Now the letters always say they will pay travel costs.but as they don't understand she panics about travelling on buses. So far less stressful for both if a taxi takes her there n back. Thanks any advice appreciated
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 574 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 276 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 673 Chronic pain and pain management
- 699 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 925 Mental health and wellbeing
- 297 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.