Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Hi, my name is RobnMel!
I have a mentally disabled older brother and also mentally disabled younger sister. my mum had looked after them both there whole life until 2 years ago where she became terminally ill and passed away. I have looked after them both for the last two years which to my amazement I cannot get my head around the financial side of things. Robert and Marilyn both initially went under a care package which was horrific so I was told about direct payments which I have since Oct 2014 been claiming. However the financial outlay that my brother has to pay is mind blowing. I am trying so hard but seem to have one door after another slammed in my face desperate please help
- 53.1K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 764 Work and employment
- 579 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 278 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.3K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.5K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 929 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.