Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Hi, im a mum of a 20yr old who as learning disabilities, my daughter is on jsa and receives £21 aweek from mobility pip payment,, she currently attends job centre once a fortnight, and has to attend ingues ( work programme ) once a fortnight too,, i just feel as though they dont really understand the complex of her disability, as she doesn't appear to look to them as there is anything wrong, i myself find these places very daunting so can u imagine how my daughter feels, i have to attend when possible with her as i have to break down the information in ways she can understand, i have been told she may be entitled to a bus pass , and do places like job centre have any real understanding of ppl with disabilities? Cause i feel as though they constantly push all time, , thankyou for reading
- 48.4K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.9K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 622 Work and employment
- 517 Education
- 939 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 908 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 237 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.1K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 575 Chronic pain and pain management
- 637 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 691 Autism and neurodiversity
- 822 Mental health and wellbeing
- 284 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.