Hi, my name is Lizo! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Lizo!

Lizo
Lizo Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited March 2015 in Start here and say hello!
Hi everyone, I've had Dyspraxia my entire life (I'm 34.) I've struggled my entire life to cope with & accept my disability. Recently I've had acute joint pain. I don't know if this is a Dyspraxia thing, or what. I'd like to talk to anyone about having to permanently "manage" your disability.

Comments

• Zec Richardson
    Zec Richardson Community member Posts: 154 Pioneering
    Hi Lizo I'm Zec, I suffer with chronic pain and my joints are very bad in my lower half.
    I wish that I hadn't spent so long using NHS crutches because I have damaged my shoulders and hands, I now use a wheelchair and I used to hate the thought of using one but now I wish I hadn't waited so long.
  • Lizo
    Hi Zec. I've already spent a very long time, (most of my life) "managing" my various health issues. I finally thought I had things under control for once. Then suddenly I get hit with inexplicable pain. I think "oh, this is new..." & try MANY things to "manage" it. Except this time I can't. I'm now on a new, long road to "finding out what is wrong." I have somewhat mixed feelings about this new road.
    I'm glad you have some independence/mobility now. ☺
  • Zec Richardson
    Zec Richardson Community member Posts: 154 Pioneering
    I hope they find out what is causing the joint pain and manage to ease it for you. :-)
  • Lizo
    Well, at least I'm on the road now. The road of "What is the problem, anyway?"

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.