Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Coughing and (sorry) mucus in the chest
Hi! My son is nearly three and has been diagnosed with SD CP but he definitely has stiffness in his arms and hands as well. We've noticed that lately he has been coughing and almost retching frequently and we can hear the rattling of mucus in his chest. He has no other symptoms and is generally in good health -- we've only started to notice this over the past 3-6 months. We're wondering if anyone has any experience of this kind of thing being linked to CP, or if it could be something that has developed as a result of CP? We know that CP isn't generally degenerative but...? Does anyone know if it is likely to be manageable or to have more serious consequences? Thanks in advance...
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 574 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 276 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 673 Chronic pain and pain management
- 699 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 925 Mental health and wellbeing
- 297 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.