Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Hi, my name is YvonneNewbold!
I have three children, all now young adults, and all with different disabilities. Toby, my middle child, spent most of his first 6 years in hospital and wasn't expected to survive - he's now 21, and although non-verbal and PMLD, he has a superb quality of life. I now write, speak, run Workshops for parents & professionals, doing what I can to make things easier for the next generation of special needs families and the practitioners who work with them. I'm the Author of "The Special Parent's Handbook" and I write extensively about the issues which affect families like mine. I'm joining the Scope community to share things I've learnt as well as to learn more ways of doing things better from other parents, who are always the best source of information there is!
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 574 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 276 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.1K Talk about money
- 2K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 673 Chronic pain and pain management
- 699 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 750 Autism and neurodiversity
- 924 Mental health and wellbeing
- 297 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.