Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Pregnant with cerebral palsy
I have cerebral palsy and I have just found out I am pregnant. 4 weeks I have been wishing to get pregnant for so long, now that I am I don't know what to do. I am worrying about how I will manage with my baby and a disability I have a very supportive husband who is brilliant but I worry about how I will cope. I walk with two sticks and have limited balance. I know people with disabilities get pregnant and cope, but I am not sure how they do there seems to be little if information and support available for parents with disabilities and I feel totally overwhelmed. I have emailed the disabled parents network and local council but no response . Has anyone any advice. Or has anyone been in the same situation.?
- 54.1K All Categories
- 10.6K Start here and say hello!
- 5.1K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities
- 156 Community updates
- 12.1K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 797 Work and employment
- 589 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 292 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 266 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.7K Talk about money
- 2.2K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.6K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.6K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.1K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 688 Chronic pain and pain management
- 707 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 759 Autism and neurodiversity
- 938 Mental health and wellbeing
- 311 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.