Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
Hi, my name is niki29!
my daughter has been high rate care since birth with numerous medical problems .she had a stoma formed at 7 hours old and had a colostomy bag for 3 years before reversing it.during this operation they failed to fit a catheter which resulted in her bladder going to sleep and perpherating her bowel which caused septacimia .she was rushed back to theatre where she had the stoma for another year and a superpubic catheter for 3 months until her bladder awoke.she now has to wear pull-ups due to being incontinent and has to have **** irrigation every other day to empty her bowels.we had a ot visit our home to see about adaptions as our bathroom and toilet are seperate and very small my daughter has to lie on the landing to have her irrigation which is difficult to hold the bag in the air to drain with one hand and try to hold the cone in her bottom with the other .the property was deemed unsuitable by the ot but council wont help move us despite many letters and reports from proffesionals
- 48.2K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.8K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 610 Work and employment
- 511 Education
- 930 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 903 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 236 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 1.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 575 Chronic pain and pain management
- 631 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 683 Autism and neurodiversity
- 815 Mental health and wellbeing
- 282 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.